This meant I wasnt too late to catch the Guggenheim
and had a chat with this gentleman, who I assume was the driving force in getting the museum for the city.
At the back, by the river is "Mama"
and at the front, this lovely puppy made of flowers.
I first discovered I had lost the camera when we had reached the top of the funicular, so a second visit was necessary (68eurocents each way)
The lower station on the funicular is near to the Zubizuri bridge
In the city centre there is a market, which has a number of these poor fellows (god knows what you do with them)
Of the 3 railway stations, the main RENFE station has little but a few suburban trains with a few once or twice a day to Burgos, and Madrid. It has a magnificent window, though.
Euskotren serve the Atxurri station, to and from San Sebastian, but the nasty man made us travel by coach (there was an accident apparently, but we saw plenty of trains from the parallel motorway). We preferred the FEVE train to Santander (€7 for a 3 hour trip, and 30 stops, through wonderful mountain scenery)
A night in Santander and overnight cruise back to Plymouth, where I reverted to the usual cursing and swearing when I return to the UK, at the sheer grottiness of the arse end of Plymouth, with it's dereliction, plainly rude signs in pubs, and the lack of even a bus to meet the passengers. Nearly as foul as Dover.
4 comments:
Welcome back to you and me!
Exciting stuff, but not for the poor piggies! Welcome home.
So you’re back then…….hooray! Lovely photo’s, they make want to go on a little trip too :)
ooh! Is that puppy made of flowers by Andy Goldsworthy?
Post a Comment