Among other things on the domestic front (eg reflooring and painting kitchen; painting and reknobbing sink unit; removing heavy retro style fridge, and old cooker; building and installing new unit; unloading and installing new cooker (kindly donated by brother in law and transported 300 miles by my parents on the trailer now chained to my car while they go to Cornwall); dismantling old and erecting new shelf units. I'll stop, I am tired now), I cleared out and cleaned the larder. Oldest sell-by date? 1997. With a dead moth in it. Do it more often? Probably. Will stick to this? Unlikely

*Led Zeppelin. "Physical Graffiti" 1975
9 comments:
1997? Amatuer! We recently found a packet of rice with the best-before date of 20.05.86. We're thinking of cooking it to celebrate the 21st birthday it shares with The Boy.
choh. And there's me thinking you actually follow your own oft quoted '6 months and not used? chuck it out!' rule!
Oh don't....clearing out the cupboards last weekend in the final clear out from the flat to the cottage and I discovered a packet of something going back to 98!
Tchoh! I'm rubbish - my record's 1999!
Worcestershire Sauce 1996
Heh. I found something in our cupboard with a price tag of '5d'. I think it was cream of tartar or something. I might have even kept it for posterity... but it was a while ago now. I don't think we'll be using it.
Yes but what was it that was from 1977? And what type of moth was it? And maybe it was actually a female and therefore a myth....
Sky: 5d is outrageous pre 71?
Claire: a jolly good joke
I've just found a bottle of Courage Pale Ale (9 2/3 fluid ounce size) - no sell-by date but I suspect the slightly rusty crown cap might indicate it's a rare vintage - it might be too rare for my taste, so I'm putting it back for my kids to find after I'm gone...
Post a Comment