Monday, 7 May 2007

New Kitchen

The delivery of the new cooker certainly inspired some action: New unit and new cooker installed (don't tell my mum I didn't get a CORGI fitter to plug it in, it's not like it is rocket science. Oh, that involves burning huge amounts of gas in a huge explosion too. It IS like rocket science).

The sink unit got new knobs and a coat of paint (but the draining board still drains the wrong way)

We required a new floor (replacing the old cat- and food-scarred one), the removal of all the furniture and it's replacement; the removal of the evil Dexion shelving (Dexion! in a kitchen!);

sponging down all surfaces; and a jolly good repaint.
The new floor went in a treat with no edges or corners being cut too short (I am truly great)

although I am now banned from doing any gloss painting because my efforts involved lots of missed bits, and blue paint up white walls. I even chose the right flooring (from a choice of two) and was heartily congratulated on suggesting the B&W pictures for the walls (brownie points earned, for this suggestion: enough to cover this morning's tantrum)






As a reward, one of the cats has had a pee on the floor already. I'll chop her ruddy tail off when I catch up with her!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, it looks lovely!

Max said...

Very swanky

silver horde said...

I love the colour.

NigelH said...

Well done, mate - I doff my hat!

Anonymous said...

Cor, you have been a busy bunny!
Looking good though...
And yes, your sink is the wrong way round like mine :]

Anonymous said...

I like the floor! - it's the same as in our bathroom, only bigger squares.

Andre Veloux said...

Nice work LH. Very seasidy the blue. Now that our kitchen is finished I should put up some pics.

Peter said...

We just had a new kitchen floor and its exactly like yours.. great minds must think alike