Pete the boss came back to work yesterday after 2 weeks in Zambia, doing stuff for his childrens charity . He was a bit odd. He mumbled. He talked to himself. He staggered. He dropped a plastic cup in the kitchen and didnt pick it up. He was GREEN. After his 9am meeting he took himself home (eventually), but refused the offer of a lift. He didnt take work home, and actually went straight back to bed. Today he is having a blood test for malaria . Oh dear. And tomorrow is his birthday. His lovely wife got bitten to bits, but doesnt show a thing.
Then, my colleague Geoffrey is also having a blood test today, for Crohn's Disease which sounds nasty and I have every sympathy for the poor man. I know I have IBS but this sounds far worse.
Reading about the symptoms makes me feel I have both diseases, just like the narrator of Three Men in a Boat who discovered he had everything except Housemaid's Knee and was sent away by the doctor with a prescription for beefsteak, beer, walking and bed
2 comments:
I've thought, and Mrs H suggested that I might have IBS. I've never been right down there. Never been the doctors about it as they will just say go on as unusual about me be so overweight...
Ew, not good! :[
Post a Comment