Friday, 7 January 2011

Bank: Lifetime Achievement Award

I left a document with the bank manager, for which I needed a signature, and he was unsure about it so had to refer to HQ. When I went back after Christmas, he came straight out (!), took me into a side room, and offered me a cup of tea. Then he discussed upgrading my account to a "Premier" which is apparently better than a "Platinum". I only spoke to him once before Christmas, to deliver the document, but suddenly, he knows about my account and wants to offer me a gold-plated account with loads of benefits for only a little extra costs. Astounding!

I have spent my life struggling with money and banks, yet suddenly I have an A1+ account and even the manager takes an interest. He insisted on his assistant coming in to do the hard work while he observed, and  the assistant (who I know from many previous meetings, reviews, pleadings) took the michael out of the manager and filled in the forms. Luckily we all got on, so much that the manager had to insist that I was treated like a "normal" customer (guffaws).
Thank you, Great Grandmother, Great Aunt, Grandfather, Father. It was all saved up and you made me, my sisters and cousins very happy. At least it will when I have sorted it all out.

4 comments:

Jeangenie said...

If you remind me I'll tell you about our experiences house-hunting for my parents, whose budget was clearly higher than our appearance suggested. From 'scum' to 'would you like a cup of coffee while we look?' simplifies it rather.

silver horde said...

My mum used to wear her most threadbare and well worn coat when she had to visit the bank manager.
She thought it would help him to take pity on her,

NigelH said...

Things looking up?

David said...

It's 30 years since I have seen abank manager, mine or anybody esle's. I though they had gone the way of the dodo