Monday, 4 January 2010

Return To Sender, Eventually

Some time ago, the Boy went to Venezuela for a year as part of his Uni course. One of the first thing he did was to lose his bankcard in a Caracas bank machine. Oh Joy we thought as we discussed how he was going to get by. Fortunately, I had some of his bank details in the UK and persuaded the bank that I was he and to send me a replacement, which I received and duly posted to whatever counts from an address in South America. Of course, that card never arrived. I assumed it went into the Great Hole In The Ground they reserve for forren post near Caracas Airport. So I had to try the trick with the bank again (and was nearly caught out: I wish there weren't just 5 days between his and his sister's birthdays). The third card I kept, withdrew some 1000s of $$$ from his account and took it personally to South America (where he had been living off teaching English, working for a dodgy CIA backed NGO and going to classes). I dont think I have owned up before to this totally naughty behaviour in defrauding a major bank (on behalf of my son, obv.)
Today, a likely looking package arrived through the door ("Ooh something off eBay!"), original posting date 21/11/08.

From Venezuela.

Presumably the original package has been there, couldn't find the address and has been returned by slow boat from the Carribbean. I wonder if it has any money on it?

1 comment:

Jan said...

That'll be your cocaine order.