Coming out of the pub on the night before Christmas Eve, I rang the cabbie to ask where he was. "I'm not coming up there, you had better walk down to me, it's too slippy". "Oh, OK then". Now I had been padding around outside all evening, and had not slipped on a thing. As soon as I got on the road, then whump! on me back. Took the rest of our party 15 minutes to get down the slippery hill.
Today, I went on a 5 mile walk around the Lenches Villages near Evesham
. Which at night, can be quite scary.Promises made to not Fall Over. Farm gate, higher than I thought, and stagger and whoosh. Over we go. Ow!Later, the footpath became unclear across the fields. I needed to negotiate a wooden horse fence with wires that indicated it was electrified. Subtle straddle under the bar and OOmph! all those volts right between my legs, right in the most vulnerable bit. I will never have children again.
And is it me, or is the female character in "Avatar" really quite attractive? Despite the dodgy facial features. I blame that current.
On New Year's Eve, there was a Blue Moon (ie 2 full moons in the same calendar month. Not only that but there was a partial Lunar Eclipse (8%). I will freeze my arse off, you get the pics.

Look! There is the eclipse, bottom right.The ridiculous railway system sent us from Devon to Evesham, via Reading, which was OK (and we came back all the way First Class, without one ticket check to upgrade us. Our gain, their loss (Worst Great Western). We had permission, but no conductor thought to take our upgrade munny. Fat Boss Class Leather Seats, and they trust you. I ask you, it aint right and probably how the country got into such a financial mess. Trusting the fat blokes that go First Class.
Finally, a lesson for graffiti artists everywhere. When I lived in Reading, they were never this good
4 comments:
Wibble wobble!
Aww Jane give us a clap for the moon photo at least
Hurrah for those Moon Photos! Very nice.
The moon piccys are very nice. I have a good view of something similar over here only sometimes it's almost upside down
Post a Comment