
unfolded. There was a police retriever barking like mad at the prone figure, who was cuffed and left to lie in the road for about 15 minutes. Lord knows what he had done, but his female companion was taken away too, but with a little more gentility.
In other news, my boss has 3 weeks to go before he buggers off to the County Council. He keeps mentioning me as his replacement (eg to the fellow from the Regional Assembly who picked me out yesterday, and the guy from Tesco we met today), which is all very well, if I thought I could do what he does. Well maybe I can. Differently, perhaps, but maybe. And after 6 weeks, if he isnt replaced, I get to claim his pay scale. Trouble is, my other colleague is going too, so we'll be down 2 out of 7, and of those remaining 5, at least 4 are looking elsewhere, including me. Hmm whether to nag the Assistant Director, sorry, Executive Head of Spatial Planning (bleuurrgh) about advertising the posts, or to get out, or to take the money and struggle on. Yesterday was "get out, get out, get out!". Today is a bit more positive.
1 comment:
What's the pay like?
Post a Comment