Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Bad Press

I knew I had an appointment Monday or Tuesday this week, I just couldn't remember what it was. The allotment, being difficult as it is, plus visit in Sunday of daughter's daughter (swing, climb, lift, etc) screwed my neck to bits and therefore I had a day off Monday.
Fortunately, the appointment was Tuesday (and I was relieved I made it), and I met J and W, guide dog users, outside the cinema in Paignton this morning, as arranged. J is between dogs (training going on this month), but the arrangement of my arm. a stick, J,and W and his dog was enough to survey Paignton seafront and establish the need for 3 sets of tactile paving to alert them as to when to steer to the pier, and to the path back home.
Unfortunately, my budget for such works is spent, but there are ways and means to get unspent money from other budgets to provide the required facilities. Which I will.
From the remarks in the local paper, it seems anyone who works for the council is a bastard, which could be true for the empire builders above, but as for me, I do my best. If only those people who comment on newspaper reports about the council knew what they were talking about.

3 comments:

omally said...

Do what I do: don't read newspapers. They're only interested in selling more papers, not in purveying the truth.

Chin up matey: you know you're doing a good job of work. Your opinion of yourself is the only one that matters :)

Lord Hutton said...

Thanks for the chin up. My opinion of myself is at a low ebb, now I am shouldering boss and colleague responsibilities and having to try to talk the talk of things about which I know nothing

Anonymous said...

I hope none of your budget money is, er was in Iceland LH!