Thursday, 30 October 2008

2 wheels bad, 4 wheels good

With Pete leaving, we arranged a (sekrit) "Team Building Exercise" and paid for him and us to go Quadbiking for a morning. So today, I did a geocache first thing, picked raspberries at the allotment so M can make a pavlova thingummy for her "girls' night", and went quadbiking at Ashcombe, which was cold and wet in the sleet, and highly dangerous (I dont do motorbikes after sticking my moped under a lorry on my 16th birthday. I am sure it wasn't "dangerous" from a health & safety perspective, just dangerous from my perspective). The course involves hills, rocks, deep puddles, tree roots, lots of mud, wrong turns and some very scary bits (but lots of supervision, with no cussing the punters). And I came 2nd in the race afterwards.
After that, lunch with the guys at a cafe in town, with lots of hugging and kissing thrown in (in a manly way, you understand?), as farewells were said.
The afternoon I spent in the house, which meant I was able to greet the post woman (who had left my parcels at the PO,assuming I wasn't in); entertain a market research woman ("Ooh I don't get many men!"); taking in another parcel for M; being sold a TV package on the phone (half the price of Sky, but it depends on my aerial, which isn't good); and talking to the cats. Amazing how much you can do when you are at home in the week. All in all not a bad day. Makes for a dull blog, but a happy one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy blogs spread happiness. :)

omally said...

Hoorah for quad biking! Not been since I went on a PGL adventure holiday when I was 12. I also crashed a jeep sideways into a bale of hay, and a BMX into a pile of logs head first. Good job I didn't muck up the archery or the air-rifles. Ahh, happy memories. Thanks for bringing them back :)