Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Do You Know The Way to St Tropez? lalalala lalalalala

There aint but one way into St Tropez for the landbound, creating huge traffic queues, especially on Market Day. You then park in the huge pedestrian-lethal car park

and walk in to the village

where 3 years ago we were bought lunch (£140 for 4, nowadays more like £200). We walked around the market with temperatures at around 38C and into town where M and and I had an almost unique row ie we haven't had a proper row in 9 years: we had walked up and down looking for a bar that would give us a drink without having to get lunch and I had had about enough (the sweat was running into my eyes). We returned yet again to a street we had been in and I refused to go in and ask. M was exasperated with me especially when I told her to stop being grumpy ("ME?????!!!!!") but we did get a seat and a drink and we calmed down and she forgave me.

After that we wandered back to the car past the obscenity that is the conspicuous wealth of the Yachtees: I back my huge ship with it's 6 decks onto the dock and I'll pose on the deck and let you worship me and my huge wad. The Show Off Wealth is a massive condemnation of our society. Never again, I swear. Been there twice and that is enough.

We returned eventually to our tiny apartment after visiting Nice on the train. The apartment has views


A lovely beach with a restaurant and very sweet prices
The food was wonderful, including fresh Dorade and Crevettes
our friends Bruce and Sue and that is my knee to the right

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, looks fab :]

NigelH said...

Don't do a murder with that knee - I'd recognise it anywhere.

Claire said...

Wow it looks so pretty.

cogidubnus said...

"Wow it looks so pretty."

What, hutters' knee?

Ugh