Monday, 21 April 2008
NXEC
We travel about quite frequently, and living down in Devon, there is only one direction to go. We try not to take the car. I have recently booked train tickets to London, Bath (£20), Lichfield (£25), and Gravesend (£40) for instance (relations, friend. festival/friend, friend). All the obvious websites, eg First Great Western, Cross Country and South West Trains/Megatrain, have put ludicrous obstacles in our way eg coach not train, or a really expensive return leg and general non availability of reasonable fares on requested services. Using National Express East Coast (which touches none of our departure or arrival stations) has resulted in cheap fares and rapid ticket delivery. They must have their share of ticket allocations and not many people know the tickets are there. The conductors don't know the tickets aren't from their company so they can't spit at you. Although I ought to be keeping this info to myself,of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I read somewhere else that NXEC do a good line in cheap FGW tickets, I just keep forgetting to check their website when I travel.
I wish I could buy tickets to London in advance and get them cheaper. We are officially in commuterland so these saver fares don't exist.
Post a Comment