Monday, 13 August 2007

Stargazing

We spent the weekend at Cropredy in the esteemed company of Jan and Ned , Stu and his chums Phil and Kirsten and The King of Sweden and his lovely consort and the lovely non-scavenging hound, Beattie.

Other photos elsewhere depict the fun (and I especially enjoyed Bob Fox and Billy Mitchell especially when they encored with "Meet me on the corner" (Lindisfarne were the first band I ever saw, some time in the 1970s), here is one of Ned getting friendly,
. Great fun and definitely one for next year. Compared to the Corporate Nonsense and Fascist Security at other festivals, Cropredy is heaven. Long may it stay so.
M and I headed off to see my sister in Cambridgeshire, who was having a barbecue with some friends (and hordes of teenagers) with the added bonus of being rural, thus having a good chance of finishing off the evening with views of the Perseid Meteor shower, which we did. Which was great.


The return from Cambridge to Devon took forever, largely because I opted to go through Slough to avoid the Magic Roundabout. God what a dump, and what awful traffic lights. John Betjeman might have written Come friendly Bombs and fall on Slough 70 years ago, but it still holds true.

9 comments:

henry said...

your bloody photos are too bastardly good.

far too good.

huh.

omally said...

I heartily agree. It was a truly excellent time. Same again next year, matey?
Ace snaps, too!

Anonymous said...

Hound, a DRY festival and you saw the Persieds!!! Lucky devil you :]

Skywolf said...

I saw the Perseids too! From Teignmouth. :) We actually had a miraculously clear sky. Utterly fantastic sight. Some of those shooting stars were massive. An experience to remember forever.

Anonymous said...

It was the first time I'd ever seen a shooting star - I definitely saw 2, I think I saw another 3! Your pix are excellent btw. :-)

henry said...

seen this on b3ta?

"* "On the back of a bus this morning, in
Torquay. Sex education poster from Torbay
Council, which says: 'Do you need help talking
about relationships and sex with your
children?' Hmm, no, but I AM tempted to offer
my services as a proof reader." (inflateable)"

Ha Hah *nelson muntz voice*

Andre Veloux said...

Wow, did you take that meteor photo yourself? It's fantastic.

No mention of drinking in this post, I'm sure there must have been some, or were you driving?

Lord Hutton said...

the "sex with your children" line is a national scheme, but hey wouldnt it have been to check it first?
I must admit to not having taken that photo of the meteorite myself (*shame)

Anonymous said...

You're right about Slough - it's a total sh*tehole, and I vowed years ago to never go there again. It's also the home of the Hotel Employee I'd Most Like To Stab With a Big Knife.

Gottle