Wednesday, 15 August 2007

Office Times

Yesterday, I attended my first Job Evaluation meeting. How a person who is self-diagnosed with Imposter Syndrome is supposed to cope with that, I dont know. The boss is pretty good at saying nice things about me (and he is good at bluffing, using lots and lots of words), so may be I cant get him to fill the form in.
Talking of the boss, today he had four sackfuls of old glasses and glasses cases delivered from Specsavers, for his Zambian Children's Charity. I thought it would be helpful, while he was out if they were stacked neatly in his in-tray (which often is overful).

In brighter news, I went to my first meeting of the Learning Disability Partnership Board today, and did my spiel about bus passes for people with learning disabilities in front of 16 people on the board, all without blushing. Usually when I go to meetings, even ones with which I am familiar, just having to say my name makes me want to run from the room.

Tomorrow, in the afternoon, is the Dawlish Carnival airshow , featuring a Eurofighter, the Red Arrows and the Blue Eagles amongst others.Now to find an excuse to attend a meeting there...

2 comments:

omally said...

You could say, without fibbing, that the King of Sweden's Grandfather worked on the Red Arrows and as a Diplomatic Exercise to further strengthen cultural relations with Sweden, you are duty bound to attend (much as it pains you, given all the oh-so-important reports and stuff you have to complete).

Skywolf said...

I shall hopefully be viewing the Red Arrows from a handy field overlooking Dawlish. It affords a spectacular view and avoids the hideous crowds. We see it from there every year. :)