Thursday, 15 March 2012

Kind March People

Yesterday I was in Lidl (who have world's best creamy yoghurt) and joined the queue at the checkout.The couple in front had a bulging trolley, so they were kind enough to let me through. A minute later, they let a woman through who only had 2 bars of chocolate, so I let her through too. Just as I got served they let a man through who had a basketfull. They were still unloading their trolley as the three of us left the store. Good result all round thanks to a bit of thoughtful kindness.
Later in Costcutter (I do the posh shops, me) to buy some ciggies, a man actually took several steps in front of me in order to open and hold the door for me. I dont look THAT ill or old, so I put it down to more thoughful kindness. March people seem to be like that as this wasn't the first time that people have held doors open for me. (Maybe I DO look old and ill?)

1 comment:

Trouty said...

I'm forever hearing people complain that nobody has any manners these days.
That's not my experience.
I recently emailed the head of a local secondary school to compliment her on the behaviour of a busload of her pupils. People are all too quick to find fault but I think it's just as important to give credit where it's due. So, good for you, Hutters.
By the way, Lidl do lovely smoked mackerel and it's cheap too.