My little team at work has 6 members, two of whom are semi detached (ie they dont do "strategy", just operational stuff). We have no manager, so we make our own workloads. It falls to me quite often to take the lead in management stuff eg go to management meetings, like today.
I took my own list of things to talk to the Executive Head about in our 1:1 (getting into the talk here), volunteering ahead of my more senior colleague, and he was more than impressed (no other subjects were brought up).
I mentioned that I had done work stuff on Facebook with a colleague, and had also had an informal meeting in the Co-op with a colleague who had strayed off his patch (what is a Dawlish person doing shopping in Teignmouth?). I reassured him about all sorts of stuff (and relieved him of worry thereof).
LTP3, ZBB, BID a whole range of stuff that I really know nothing about (well except LTP3 (third Local Transport Plan) which has become my responsibility, in conjunction with our larger, neighbouring authority). I wish I got paid for this stuff. There is surely a "bluff" element to Job Evaluation?
Sometimes I am so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment