Saturday, 5 September 2009

A Seaside Rendezvous

A big night for Teignmouth last night and today, as Muse were in town. Infrastructure has been appearing all week: signs and fences and kids in dayglo jackets acting as stewards. Even friendly smiling police-folk. M and her sister and partner spent the afternoon in the pub, while I slaved over a hot stove (aren't I good?). Needlesstosay, some people were the worse for wear when we wandered down town about seven, to walk straight through the barrier (myself and M unsearched, hence armed with wine and whisky, while C nearly got chucked out when they found his stash attached to his ankle, and he reacted rather, err, badly). The location was absolutely superb.




Support was Quails and Cosmo Jarvis (who was quite brilliant), and no queues for the bar or toilets, and then the fabulous Muse (did I say Matt Bellamy's uncle did my central heating?) who were quite extraordinary. Still didn't talk to the audience much but more than when we last saw them.



I had to leave slightly early as my legs were starting to be disobedient (eg I fell backwards down 3 stairs whilst clearing up back at home, and the stewards were quite concerned about my lack of route planning skills when leaving the auditorium: I am out of practice at this drinking lark). But, hey, it was good. None of the rumoured "guests" showed up last night, but as Radio One are there tonight with someone called Zane Lowe (David Bowie's lovechild? No sane parent calls their child "Zane", surely?), Madonna, Macca, or Williams may show, and we won't see them. We have already heard rumours that Mr Williams has been seen shopping, but it's a small town and these things get around quickly. My (apparently annoying) green laser was spotted by a former colleague (on Facebook). That is twice now I have been identified ("Ooh was it you here last year?"). Time to move onto a blue laser.
The others stayed until the end and M took them for a wander around our new-fangled 24hour town until they staggered home long after I was asleep.
It's on the Radio and Telly, Sunday and Monday, by all accounts.

1 comment:

Max said...

and I would certainly not encourage anyone to record it