Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Synchronicity

Most evenings, I sit upstairs at the PC, avoiding the TV, M sits downstairs, watching TV and dipping into Facebook on the laptop. So I was just asking her on Facebook if she would mind bringing me a coffee. Imagine my surprise then, just as I was about to hit "send", when she calls up the stairs to ask if I wanted an espresso. I dont normally have a coffee in the evening, especially not an espresso. (And yes, that is a Young's pint glass in the background. There's an obscene joke in there somewhere, which involves my (real)surname and M, but you can work that out). Perhaps thoughts seep down the wires (or even down the stairs). Who knows?
Stronger than coincidence, more related to love and living with the same person for a long time. And it isn't the first time. In return I undid the hot water bottle so she could fill it. Good, aren't I? True love. (And the bottle was on my side when I finally crawled round the corner).

4 comments:

Claire said...

Theres something in it. Richard and I fequently know what the other's thinking, or will say something just as the other person thinks it.
Spooookeeeeeyyyyyyy :)

Andre Veloux said...

What no choc digestive!!!?

NigelH said...

Marvellous! When are you going to send me that tenner I've just requested secretly down the wires? And I'm not ignoring the invite now I am enbuspassicated, I've got several imminent commitments.

omally said...

You had seepage down the stairs? You should see a builder about that. Or a doctor.