Saturday, 6 September 2008

Weather and Magic

Some of M's family and friends have a 1/6 share in a teepee/tipi/bloody great thing with 15ft poles and a hole in the roof to let the smoke out.
Rob and Sharon took it to Cornwall last week and M's sister and her partner Chris, Rob's brother caught the train down to join them. We surprised them by getting on the train at Exeter and rode down to Newton Abbot with them (before catching the train back to Tinny)
We then drove down Friday (much against my advice ("extreme weather, local flooding, high winds")) for which I managed a 3 hour foul weather sulk on the A30 (and I can sulk properly when I want to).
Of course the weather was fine when we got there (for a while) and the teepee was still standing, but with the Logan Rock pub and the wonderful tent, we withstood the worst the Ocean could throw at us

we had a fine time with 2 brothers and 2 sisters plus me and Sharon

I couldnt start the car, Saturday a.m. M came back and it started first time; I couldn't zip my anorak in the appalling rain, M touched it and it zipped; I couldn't find a geocache Friday, M went straight to it Saturday before dropping me at (not "at": "near" I had to walk back from Jubilee Pool) PeeZee station so I can go to work on Sunday. She has a magic touch.

No comments: