At 12 noon sharp, a special bus (not this one)
picked us up at the office for a special timing trip to see how an express service from Torbay Hospital to Brixham might work (very well indeed, as it happened). At the hospital, my colleague had words with some illegal parkers (as a qualified officer, he is entitled to), who get in the way of the buses (not the last time today, either: one day he is going to come off the worse for it).
In Brixham we used our newly learned knowledge to look at a place, Bolton Cross, where there is a problem with traffic pollution and congestion. The obvious solution seems to be to knock down Threshers (and I would never normally advocate the destruction of an off-licence) and make the whole square a shared surface with pedestrians and vehicles mixing in a low speed environment, instead of waiting for ages, engines running for a 4 phase traffic light system to work through (3 roads and a pedestrian phase, each road needing it's own green because of width restrictions).Here they are at work (I sensibly didn't bring my florescent jacket: one, so I wasn't identified as working for the Council, and two, wearing a red Berghaus (thanks dad), it looked like I was in charge)

Just before we caught a bus back, we noted the concern that National Express show for short people. (Obv., we fixed the thing at the proper height so the Yoof have something to work on next weekend)

Pete the boss got quite emotional. Now he is leaving, I think he will miss the informal fun we had over the last 10 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment