Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Dangerous Structure

M has been putting off the ironing (again). I am not allowed to touch it, mind, even though I am perfectly willing and capable. Deep down, M has this belief in the proper roles for men and women in a relationship. I am sure it secretly irks her that I do most of the cooking and washing, and sometimes address the dusting or washing up etc. On the selfish side, at least I get a cup of tea in the morning and don't have to do the ironing or the hoovering, and I get loads of love and sympathy.

I may need to get some scaffolding or gabion walling, along with hard hats to deal with this lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get things out of the washing machine faster, give 'em a good shake then hang up to dry - no need to iron them then!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Good lord, do you need a hand? I love the ironing. And while Im at it, I also enjoy any kind of cleaning and tidying!

MAddison-Star

omally said...

See what I have to put up with? ^^^

I'm not allowed to help with the domestic stuff either, although I still do seeing as I'm part-time still.
It's become a really noisy house lately: either the washing machine is going, the iron is puffing away or some little pink princess is playing with her new musical instrument... Thanks a ruddy bundle, you cad!

;-)

henry said...

Or a dustbin.

Anonymous said...

My ironing pile looked like this two weeks ago and then my mum came to stay and did the lot over a week - sitting down!