My dad asked them (when mum wasn't there: typical! Just like him), so they told him. The cancer has spread from his bowel (known officially as "rectal cancer") to his liver and his bones, making it inoperable. They wont know how long he has got until they see the Oncologist tomorrow. In the meantime, they are planning for him to go home Friday, hopefully after a small op to relieve a blockage in his bowel to give him more control. Mum has arranged for a hospital bed to be delivered so he can rest in the lounge and look out on his garden and watch the trains go by. The District Nurse will be round at least twice a day, and all the people from the church are getting together to help out.
My children are planning to drive up on Monday so he can see them and his great grandchildren for possibly the last time.
I thought I was used to the idea after last week, but now I am not so sure, so I'll stop now.
Fuck.
14 comments:
{{{hugs}}}
Jenny
*hugs*
You never get used to the idea, not really. There's a part of you that's still 6 years old and will always need his Dad.
You never get used to the idea, not really. There's a part of you that's still 6 years old and will always need his Dad.
So sorry, A. Can't think of anything to say that will help. Just know there's folk out there thinking about you all.
*manly hug*
Thank you friends
Hugs from me too.
Jane
Struggling for words here too.
{{hugs}}
I can sympathise greatly. My Grandpa died of a similar condition, he had a severe stroke which masked the fact he had bowel cancer that had spread. We didn't know until he'd gone.
My thoughts are with you friend, I hope things can be as dignified and peacful as possible. *hugs
Just one thing I will say my friend - at least you know. You've got time to tell you love him. I never had that chance when I lost my Dad.
Jenny xx
I'm so sorry, Hutters. There are simply no words for a time like this. Celebrate the time, for every day henceforth is precious.
It's not going to be easy LH. You'll do both your parents proud I am sure.
It's a filthy thing cancer...Bowel cancer carried off my best mate a couple of years ago...he was only 49...
As Scott says, there simply aren't the words, but my thoughts are with you LH...
Post a Comment