Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Slightly Busy

Out the door early to catch the train to work because I need to take the company bike back the train is overflowing with commuters and school children and I have to take the bike on and off to keep it out of the way then at work straight into a three hour(!) team meeting where everyone gives the boss a hard time for working too hard and not delegating and having 250 hours flexi time credit which he is about to give the company for free and he works weekends and evenings and I had to leave early to go to the town hall for a focus group with inspectors from other councils including the feared level 5 tower hamlets to help the council achieve level 3 of the equalities standard and I think we impressed them by our enthusiasm and achievements like only today I was in the newspaper as a group and then met M briefly on the way to the car park before going to Paignton where I had cocked up the start time of the meeting and so was half an hour late but that meeting went well and all the shopmobility volunteers and councillors left happy and I only took a few jobs away like finding 100 mobility scooters for Paignton Carnival in July haha yes that is going to happen then back to Torquay leave the car for Mel walk to the station actually pay for my ticket because I have obviously alerted FGW to a major revenue loss when I met them last week and now the train is full of ticket collectors two days in a row including the rude bastard from yesterday in my bit of the train (damn!) and then down the post office to post some eBay stuff and the weights are all wrong and then some shopping and home to cut up veg boil potatoes make a fondue for my daughter's birthday and they come round and the little girl is manic and bumping into things and blowing anything musical she can find but the little boy is calm and eat fondue and phone taxi and off they go but she has left handbag behind so getting a taxi was a waste of time as I have to drive her car back tonight with it anyway and then she drove me back down the hill and now I am ready for a beer.

7 comments:

NigelH said...

Phew! So am I.

Anonymous said...

If your guvnor's only 250 hours into flexitime credit (as you put it) then he's probably slightly less of a slacking idle bugger than many of you council types seem to be...

Over the past 20 years, transport planning in the Bus Industry, I've averaged 15 to 20 hours a week (sometimes as much as +50 hours), consistently, over the top, not out of misguided loyalty to any particular company, but because (a) there hasn't been anyone else and (b) I care passionately about public transport...

Over the years, I've seen many many colleagues doing the same...I do not say it is right, but I do feel that as a public servant it ill behoves you to criticise someone in this fashion...

silver horde said...

what a day

Lord Hutton said...

Dearest Southron
I agree that public servants put in unpaid time and people who love their jobs do. The point here that he is working totally unhealthy hours and it is starting to show
A

Max said...

I'm knackered just reading that blog entry!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, slapped wrists for the meeting Huttman :]
Definitely deserved beer after that lil' lot!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice sentence. Pun intended.