In the meantime, M and I went out for the day to Exmouth on the train along Dawlish sea wall to celebrate my last birthday as a thiry-teenager;-( A bit of a late start for reasons best not gone into. Exmouth is about 5 miles away, but it is a 50 mile round trip by train (or car) as the lowest crossing of the Exe is up in Exeter, 10 miles from the coast.
The train was on time, and it was a bit windy in Exmouth, and it had obviously been even windier earlier

and the rain held off mostly as we walked along the prom. Coming back the train was again on time, even though it was an FP (the P stands for "Pacer") and it did run on the wrong line (ie nearest to the cliff and further from the sea) between Dawlish Warren and Teignmouth, so it looks that we missed the worst of it at morning and evening high tides.

When we got back, my daughter and her partner came round and he fixed my present from M to the ceiling, to the rotting Victorian plaster. That man is so skilled, such a shame he can't work.

How neat is that? A lamp of the moon, designed by none other than the man himself, Buzz Aldrin.

I hope my moon wasn't responsible for the high tides around here.
8 comments:
I don't think you should moon at all.
Did you wave at the Webcam ?
http://www.exmouthcam.co.uk/webcam.htm
Tempting to put it on the Gallery. :p
Love the lamp. Can't help thinking what a great girl M must be, standing there patiently while you photograph a Pacer!!!
Were you having a dig at some there?
Just a tad out...
Your gallery has enough arses in it Omally
Missed the webcam Peter, I never have someone at home who can log the photo.
Andre, M was off up the stairs!
David. I love Pacers, you know I do
PG What can I say?
Ah, I want one :]
Post a Comment