It has a week to live, until the tax runs out. Miserable MoT failure. It has had a lot spent on it over the years, but this time the rust has gone too far (it would cost nearly as much as I paid for it, 5 or 6 years ago). No more frightening other road users, no more sneaky efforts at 120MPH on the A303.
In fact we only use it when we have a lot of luggage (and I bought M a boot rack for her MG, and had to hire a van when I took J back to Uni) or when we go separate places by car, which is rare. It's a pain in the arse on a damp morning, stalling just when someone lets you out. And we often go by train anyway (the station is only a 2 minute walk). I had been considering getting rid (and thereby saving myself a fortune and adding to my green credentials), so now my hand is forced.
Immediate savings are £50 for the MoT, £99 for 6 months tax. Future savings on fuel, insurance, breakdowns, speeding fines, parking tickets etc are worth at least a grand a year, and if I need a car, I can negotiate with M, hire a van, or cope anyway. Looks like I might need to repair my bike (or buy a new one!) so I can get up the allotment. And M gets a CD player for her car.
First time without a car since evil M left.
I once had 3 cars in a year which all failed MoTs so I am not too fussed.
One last weekend geocaching and then bye bye. eBay or scrap yard
9 comments:
Good on you going sort of car free (I mean not really if your other half has one).
A car-free life is very different.
I haven't actually owned a car since 1991, when i went skint, or driven one for about 12 years.
Enjoy yout carless life. It's great.
Aw, you can get attached to cars. Well I can anyhow.
Were you on meths (again) when taking the eBay picture? That is some serious camera shake :]
Aw, you can get attached to cars. Well I can anyhow.
Were you on meths (again) when taking the eBay picture? That is some serious camera shake :]
You could take it down to Berry Head
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4765/bmwmq0.jpg
Bizarrely, Peter, that IS where I took it today. But I brought it home again.
nagytehetségű ember
Been using the same translator as me then?
Gone. £62 cash ;-(
Post a Comment