Back to Basics
Now I am back in Devon, it is really about time that I got my act together and stopped putting things off. So. Let me see. I have a brand new rented flat. I have no idea how I got it, just that there are forces for good within the welfare system. The trouble is, the Housing Association are very slow in making alterations. I have had kick boards installed (to hide the gaping holes in the plaster made by my electric wheelchair) in order to open the front door and the exterior hallway door without too much damage. This is probably the greatest physical effort I have to suffer and about time the HA fixed them. The strange thing is that I have little of my old furniture, or trinkets or clothes. I haven't seen them for 2 years so I hope they have been sold and disposed of, not rotting in my mother's garage.
I make sure I am out every day, because I am not old and have not given up. I have also made two long-distance trips: one to Thurso in the far north near John O'Groats, which I never achieved as I spent the time in and out of hospital in Wick, 4 hours north of Inverness; the other trip was to North Wales, and I was able to spend a day riding the Ffestiniog Railway and the North Wales Narrow Gauge. 11 train changes and no slip ups: ramps all the way.
Future long distance trips may involve Ecuador, the NE USA, and Australia. And, I haven't forgotten hang-gliding. I suppose I ought be careful as I am not able to hoover, sweep, dress my self, but with careful planning I should be able to achieve one of them. Closer to home, I have to find a carer in Leicester for City vs Manchester City in December
NB in the next few weeks there will be a new version of this blog on my own website. Suitable links will be supplied.
7 comments:
Really glad to hear of you and your good news. So made my day !
Please keep it going...I leave no trace of wings in the air but I'm glad I have had my flight...that's such a wise thought and it's thanks to you I found it. It makes a difference...you know what they say...every little thing...thank you !
Welcome back hutters! :)
Sara/Pookledo
Very very small world...hope you are enjoying your read !
I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year !
Where are you....please let us know you are okay...please
Goodbye Andy. Wish I had known you better. Rest in peace. I leave no trace of wings in the air but I am glad I have had my flight.
Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!
Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com
Post a Comment