Sunday, 5 September 2010

Henry Revisited

I met a load of friends in Addlestone, to remember the late, great Henry the Thirst, otherwise known as David, my old friend from skool. Mel was concerned that they would take the piss in her absence (out of me, not her) but fortunately they all buggered off, and left me with the lovely Matthew and Lucy, Henry's brother and sister, who I intend spending a lot more time with.
It then took me 4 hours (4 hours!) to get to Aylesbury for a birthday party, a teepee, a fire, and winding small twins up. I love Amy and Emily.

6 comments:

Jan said...

It would have been nice to spend more time talking to Matt and Lucy; so much to do, so little time.

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely thing to do. Just a shame people were off geocaching when we came by. Although, as Dave got such delight from the hobby, it was the best thing you could have done! It made me feel happy to know that David's own caches are in the hands of Omally who will no doubt take care of them. One day, perhaps on Dave's birthday, I'll take my kids to discover them.
Andy, it was lovely to see you and we will keep in touch for sure xx

It is very, very comforting to know that Dave had such lovely friends.
Lucy x

Anonymous said...

TROUTY SAYS:
Did anybody look for the Charlotte Rose to make sure she's ok?
She's still 'ours' no matter who her official owner is.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we went past her - she was parked near the Pelican. She needs her bottom blacked, but she looks loved.

Jan said...

PS. ^ That was me, Jan

omally said...

Aye, she looked loved except for the naff paint-job. The lovely decals have gone, replaced with not shoddy but just tasteless lettering and primary colours.
Maybe one day I'll have enough money to buy her. You never know. If I do, I shall paint her up properly and she WILL have a skull and cross-bones again.