Wednesday, 31 March 2010

The More Things Seem To Change, The More They Stay The Same.

Back in the summer of '99 when M and I got together, I didn't have a car, so M sold me her old one, a Mazda 121. She acquired a nice new Ka through her divorce settlement.



Many years later, after I had got through a Merc and and Beemer and she got rid of her MG (before it died on her) she bought another Ka. Much to my disapproval

Bizarrely, only a few weeks before, I bought a Peruvian taxi, otherwise known as a Kia Pride, which happens to be a copy of the Mazda.
I only realised it today when I came across the 1st photo. Now we are in a proper relationship and can take the day off together, moan about work in the pub, and do the shopping with total co-operation and intuition. Just like startin' over. Strange, isn't it?

6 comments:

omally said...

Awww, that's so sweet! A bit like both having the same anorak, but instead it's Mr & Mrs Matching Crap Cars.

Bless.

Jeangenie said...

Watch it sonny! It'll happen to you before you know it.

*hides identical-but-smaller t-shirts to Ned's*

Claire said...

Aww I think it's cute. I love the whole intuition thing that comes with being with someone so long. Richard and I can finish each others sentences or vocailise a thought being had by the other person at the same time...
As for the KA, what may I ask is wrong with it? DO I have to beetle down in my little Ivormobile to wax your head so you learn to talk sense?

omally said...

No, Boggy, you don't need to wax my head. Kas *are* a load of rubbish. I know from experience :)

Also, Jan, T and I are already at _that_ stage. I'm surprised Hutters didn't mention that T and I were Mr & Mrs Matching Rollneck Sweater the other week! Take a look at the piccies on Farcebook :)

Claire said...

awww matching sweaters!!! SO cute! Richard and I thankfully aren't dressing alike unless you count when we go to work.
My KA is fine, he's got a couple of annoying flaws but aside from that he's luffly...You just had a defective car.

ned said...

Does anyone remember Howard and Hilda?