Product placement is to be made legal, albeit with restrictions (I wonder how Coca Cola and McDonalds will get around that?). Luckily I dont have small children, but if I did, and I was watching a programme with them where a "product" was "placed", every time we spotted it, there would be a ban on buying that product for a month, cumulative. This could be supplemented by rewards for going through an entire programme without spotting a placement. If everyone did this, I suspect the product placers would soon eff off, but that is just me living on another planet.
Alternatively, I could offer credits towards a favoured gadget or holiday each time a child spotted a placement (along with the consumption ban, obviously).
Twelve years of new Labour and still in the pockets of Big Business. What hope is there?
Nothing to penalise bank bonuses either. And I apparently own the worthless Portsmouth Football Club shitty underinvested ground, known as Fratton Park. thanks to LLoyds. Oh good.
And thanks to RBS (and "Sir" Freddie Goodwin (him of the white seatbelts: Twat!), owned by the taxpayer, Cadbury belongs to the makers of nasty cheese and a now closed factory in Keynsham.
Whatever government gets in after the election, what hope have we got?
3 comments:
I like your idea of not buying products seen in shows!! I often have a laugh at adverts that seem to fit, however incongruously, the program they interrupt!
Another reason to steer clear of the haunted fishtank then.
Would've been amusing in a wry way if Cadbury had done product placement on telly, though.
Bad day?
Post a Comment