At the recent Shopmobility Committee (chaired by me for 10 years) one of the Councillors volunteered to arrange the New Year Christmas meeting/Do for the volunteers. Brixham Yacht Club was agreed. On the Tuesday.
It has transpired that it has now been arranged at the C*nservative Club in Torquay. On a different day.
That has instantly pissed off all the Brixham folk (nobody who lives in Brixham goes elsewhere unless in a coffin or to visit an Aunt in Paignton) in spite of the brilliant bus service that runs every few minutes until after midnight (although concessionary passes for over 60s cant be used after 11pm, to make sure they are tucked up safely).
I was invited to the C*nservative Club in Torquay by the Councillor to check out the facilities. They are fine as long as I keep my gob shut. The Chef used to work for the Queen Mother and the decor is OK in an old fashioned middle class way.
Oh well. I was up for Brixham, but now they are all unhappy.
1 comment:
Are they paying for it? If not, ignore the mithering.
Post a Comment