I was expecting a quiet night in, in preparation for Elbow (I was going to put a Youtube link here, but it all seems to have been messed with by the record company) at Plymouth Pavilions tomorrow night (M just booked the hotel next door today. What a girl!). Imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang and in walked friends bearing gifts of food and wine and sparkly. Then the doorbell went again and 2 more turned up, bearing similar gifts. I popped upstairs to wrestle with the computer and it all went quiet. Back they came carrying a rather nasty 70s duvet cover stuffed with stuff, and all wearing silly hats with numbers on. Oh what fun: 50 carrier bags, all with hand-written labels, and all containing a themed hand-built hat. It took an hour and a half to open every one. The results are on
Facebook, but here is a selection.








The work that went into this is stunning, much better than an expensive gift (although an expensive gift would have done just as well). Also. I have no idea why they chose hats. I have been known to wear a dead badger, but this was just silly.
Go home, all of you!
4 comments:
Are some of them still there, then? Shall I wear my black fedora on Saturday? I might let you borrow it for a little while, but only if you're a good boy. It is, however, a _proper_ hat.
Happy birthday darling boy.
We are sending all our love from Portugal where we are currently resting.
We are home in UK on the 2nd April and are going to be in Totnes on the 3rd 4th 5th so we are hoping you can get over for a few hours to visit with us.
Love and peace
Rosie and Mermy
And I thought I had a good collection - we are not worthy!
Belated congratulations mate...
Post a Comment