Saturday, 8 September 2007

Guerilla Gardening (II)


My attempt at Guerilla Gardening , albeit on a small scale, seem to have been successful, despite the fact the flowers had the shit kicked out of them a few weeks ago. Goodness prevails.
And I have just discovered Iain Banks (The Algebraist mysteriously appeared on my book shelf a few weeks ago. No pencil price inside, so I cant have had a slightly peed visit to the Oxfam bookshop). Whoever left it, ta.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh....Nice. I've got several unopened packets of seeds lying around. I think I'll have a go at a bit of guerilla gardening too. Maybe along the towpath

Anonymous said...

Ooooh....Nice. I've got several unopened packets of seeds lying around. I think I'll have a go at a bit of guerilla gardening too. Maybe along the towpath

Anonymous said...

Twice ??? How did that happen? Is it BOGOF day?

NigelH said...

Did you coin the phrase, or am I just not streetwise? Anyway, I like the name and the concept!

Skywolf said...

The Algebraist keeps coming up in conversation lately... anyway, I hated it. A friend of mine read it recently and loved it. Personally, I want those tedious weeks of my life back... took me ages to drag myself through it. But I persevered. My friend, on the other hand, couldn't put it down and finished it in 24 hours. I'll be interested to know what you think...

Oh!! And I haven't been online much this weekend to tell you this, but guess who I saw in the Rowdens on Friday afternoon? A little blonde person with a very familiar face. Walking along with a brunette lady (who also had a familiar face) who was pushing a pram with a tall chap and a black-and-white dog in tow. I could hardly introduce myself, as they would probably have thought me some sort of nutter (hey! I know you from your dad's blog!)... but I had a grin to myself as I recognised them and sauntered past with The Mystenhoot. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved The Crow Road because it reminded me strongly of my youth growing up in Scotland. He's an interesting writer - he writes science fiction as Iain M Banks as well.

Pookledo said...

guerilla gardening rocks! :)

have you see this?
http://www.guerrillagardening.org/